21 August 2007
Mod de preparare: Cartofii se fierb in coaja, se scurg de apa, se curata si se zdrobesc, apoi se amesteca cu 2 linguri de ulei. Se adauga sarea, oul, faina si grisul. Trebuie sa se obtina un aluat mai moale care sa poata fi modelat. Prunele, carora li s-au scos samburii, se presara cu scortisoara si zahar vanilat. Se presara planseta cu faina si se intinde aluatul cu sucitorul in foaie de max.1 cm grosime. Se taie patrate, iar in mijlocul fiecarui patrat se pune o pruna sau o jumatate de pruna. Se formeaza bile cu mana trecuta prin faina. Se pun in apa clocotita si se fierb pana ies la suprafata. Intr-o tigaie se topesc 2 linguri de unt la care se adauga 4,5 linguri de pesmet. Se rumeneste pesmetul, se pun galustele fierbinti si se prajesc putin. Mie, cel mai mult imi place crusta care se formeaza cand sunt lasate un pic mai mult sa se rumeneasca. Se servesc calzi presarati cu zahar tos, numai tos! Asa-mi plac mie!
Simpatic link: My Boyhood's Hungarian Plum Dumplings
In fiecare dimineata baietii scot in sosea, dar peste drum de poarta lor, nu in poarta, doua fotolii stil (neidentificat), cu lemnaria vopsita intr-un auriu tipator, o masa (se vede a fi chiar antica si de demult) si pe masa o statueta din lemn, lucruri care stau in soare cat e ziulica de lunga. Azi dimineata cand am iesit sa plec la serviciu unul din baieti tocmai se lafaia intr-un fotoliu.
19 August 2007
14 August 2007
11 August 2007
For decades, the United States has been slipping in international rankings of life expectancy, as other countries improve health care, nutrition and lifestyles.
Countries that surpass the U.S. include Japan and most of Europe, as well as Jordan, Guam and the Cayman Islands.
"Something's wrong here when one of the richest countries in the world, the one that spends the most on health care, is not able to keep up with other countries," said Dr. Christopher Murray, head of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.
A baby born in the United States in 2004 will live an average of 77.9 years. That life expectancy ranks 42nd, down from 11th two decades earlier, according to international numbers provided by the Census Bureau and domestic numbers from the National Center for Health Statistics.
Andorra, a tiny country in the Pyrenees mountains between France and Spain, had the longest life expectancy, at 83.5 years, according to the Census Bureau. It was followed by Japan, Macau, San Marino and Singapore.
The shortest life expectancies were clustered in Sub-Saharan Africa, a region that has been hit hard by an epidemic of HIV and AIDS, as well as famine and civil strife. Swaziland has the shortest, at 34.1 years, followed by Zambia, Angola, Liberia and Zimbabwe.
Researchers said several factors have contributed to the United States falling behind other industrialized nations. A major one is that 45 million Americans lack health insurance, while Canada and many European countries have universal health care, they say.
But "it's not as simple as saying we don't have national health insurance," said Sam Harper, an epidemiologist at McGill University in Montreal. "It's not that easy."
Among the other factors:
• Adults in the United States have one of the highest obesity rates in the world. Nearly a third of U.S. adults 20 years and older are obese, while about two-thirds are overweight, according to the National Center for Health Statistics.
"The U.S. has the resources that allow people to get fat and lazy," said Paul Terry, an assistant professor of epidemiology at Emory University in Atlanta. "We have the luxury of choosing a bad lifestyle as opposed to having one imposed on us by hard times."
• Racial disparities. Black Americans have an average life expectancy of 73.3 years, five years shorter than white Americans.
Black American males have a life expectancy of 69.8 years, slightly longer than the averages for Iran and Syria and slightly shorter than in Nicaragua and Morocco.
• A relatively high percentage of babies born in the U.S. die before their first birthday, compared with other industrialized nations.
Forty countries, including Cuba, Taiwan and most of Europe had lower infant mortality rates than the U.S. in 2004. The U.S. rate was 6.8 deaths for every 1,000 live births. It was 13.7 for Black Americans, the same as Saudi Arabia.
"It really reflects the social conditions in which African American women grow up and have children," said Dr. Marie C. McCormick, professor of maternal and child health at the Harvard School of Public Health. "We haven't done anything to eliminate those disparities."
Another reason for the U.S. drop in the ranking is that the Census Bureau now tracks life expectancy for a lot more countries 222 in 2004 than it did in the 1980s. However, that does not explain why so many countries entered the rankings with longer life expectancies than the United States.
Murray, from the University of Washington, said improved access to health insurance could increase life expectancy. But, he predicted, the U.S. won't move up in the world rankings as long as the health care debate is limited to insurance.
Policymakers also should focus on ways to reduce cancer, heart disease and lung disease, said Murray. He advocates stepped-up efforts to reduce tobacco use, control blood pressure, reduce cholesterol and regulate blood sugar.
"Even if we focused only on those four things, we would go along way toward improving health care in the United States," Murray said. "The starting point is the recognition that the U.S. does not have the best health care system. There are still an awful lot of people who think it does."
08 August 2007
- Azi am vazut un ordin de plata facut pentru un detinut pentru plata unui abonament la ziarul .........."LIBERTATEA"!
- Puteam sa fac pariu cu oricine si pe o suma mare ca in Romania nu va functiona sistemul Key Ticket!
- De ce e bine in Romania (pe langa faptul ca aici nu functioneaza nici un sistem oricat de perfectionat ar fi si oricat de testat este in orice tara):
- Aici poti sa-ti iei masteratul (cu 10) chiar daca nu stii sa scrii, important e sa o cunosti pe sefa comisiei care este prietena cu nasul de botez al fratelui cumnatului...
- Aici, daca esti sef, poti sa-ti folosesti subordonatii la tot felul de servicii pentru noua vila pe care ti-o construiesti. Pe barbati ii trimiti sa negocieze cu diferiti mesteri pe care ii aduci sa-ti lucreze la casa si pe care la sfarsit nu-i platesti pentru ca le spui ca nu-ti place cum au lucrat. Trimiti "baietii" in piata sa faca controale dupa care ei au grija sa-ti umple portbagajul cu diferite legume si fructe de sezon.
- Aici, poti in timpul serviciului sa pleci cate 2-3 ore ca sa-ti rezolvi problemele la firma pe care o ai.
- Daca esti sef de serviciu, vii la serviciu, dar nu faci nimic, nici nu stii ce ar trebui sa faci, oricum au grija subordonatii sa faca tot ce trebuie, tu iti iei doar stimulentele uriase la sfarsit de luna.
- Aici criteriile de stimulare se schimba cum vrea seful. In luna in care merge el in concediu, se dau stimulente si pentru zilele de concediu, cand mergi tu, nu se mai dau.
04 August 2007
Deosebirea e ca anul acesta am avut vinete din gradina, nu am avut praz, am pus in schimb ceapa si in plus am facut o portie uriasa! Ah, ce bunatate!
01 August 2007
Am gasit crochiurile... nu, nu era nud, avea chiar pantaloni!